On this main page we will be giving out general information that we all share as a team.
It is hard to believe, but we are already in March of the new year 2018. The students have been very busy learning since they have been back from winter break. We are thrilled at how the students are progressing in reading and continue to strive to do their best.
General Information and Events and Dates For You to Know:
- The students have SOAR time on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 2:25-3:00. This is a time when your student will receive targeted reading instruction based on their reading level and power goal.
- At this time of year, a student should be at the 2B reading level to be on grade level in reading. Please have your student continue to practice reading every night and filling out the homework reading logs. Remember your student earns steps for reading and can be recognized on the announcements for achieving 100, 200 and even 300 or more reading steps.
- Don't forget that on Monday, March 12th - the first grade team is going on a field trip to Homosassa Springs.
VERY IMPORTANT- Field Trip Money and Forms are due THIS FRIDAY March 9th.
- On Thursday March 15th- the first grade team will be participating in field day. Please send your child to school with comfortable clothing such as shorts, t-shirt, socks and sneakers. You can also put sunscreen on your child before he or she comes to school and send in a hat, water bottle and even sunglasses of you like.
- The 3rd Quarter report cards will be going home on Monday,April 2.
- We are here to help your child succeed. We know you are a big part of that. Thank you for your help and support so far this school year.
Remember to check back to our website to keep updated on things!!
Love, the First Grade Team!
Mrs. Card, Mrs. Carmack, Mrs. Greene, Mrs. Russell, Mrs. Chatfield